20th Annual Architecture + the City Festival September 8-30, 2023
Call for program submissions are now open for the 20th Annual Architecture + the City Festival. Festival programs currently will offer in-person and virtual experiences.
- Submit a program proposal by creating an account and completing the submission form;
- Call for submissions is open to the public;
- Proposals will be reviewed and all applicants will be notified of acceptance or decline;
- There is no application fee to submit a proposal;
- Take a look at the 2022 Architecture + the City calendar of events for inspirations.
- Thursday, March 6: Call for submissions opens
- Friday, May 5, 11:59 PM (Pacific Time): Deadline for submissions proposal
- May 8-19: Review process
- Monday, May 22: Accept/Decline notifications
- September 8-30: Festival
Co-presented by the Center for Architecture + Design in collaboration with AIA San Francisco, the annual Architecture + the City Festival celebrates San Francisco's built environment through a variety of behind-the-scenes programs, walking tours, home tours, literature, exhibitions, and presentations.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The following are suggested topics to consider when submitting a program proposal. View the 2022 Architecture + the City Calendar of Events for inspirations.
- What has been the narrative of architecture and design amidst a global pandemic?
- How has architecture impacted you and the (re)use of space?
- How have you stayed connected during a time of separation and what types of architecture and design have you found inspiration?
- What challenges continue to be part of housing, climate change, economic and health equity?
- How do we design with connection in mind, that is human-centered and focuses on health, inclusivity and resilience?
- How can we seamlessly connect the present urban community to empower a more deliberate, livable San Francisco?
Each year the festival explores and reveals the many layers of San Francisco and how architecture and design play a key role in the ever-changing urban landscape. We look forward to hearing your programming ideas that reflect the current narrative.
Proceeds from Architecture + the City Festival program benefits the Center for Architecture + Design; proceeds from the Festival Home Tours benefit AIA San Francisco.
Additional details to be provided to selected projects; all programming is subject to change.
Annabelle Udo-O'Malley, Programs Director, email@example.com
Claire Hansen, Programs Associate, firstname.lastname@example.org